Latest News & Events
The start of a new school year is an exciting time for every student Bearcats, but it also means you’ll have a packed schedule and a to-do list 100 miles long. We’d like to make it a little easier for you to keep up with so, we’ve put together some important dates to get you through syllabus week at Binghamton University:
• Move in day at University Lofts: August 20, 2017
• Classes Start for (roadrunners): August 23, 2017
• Add/Drop Deadline for any classes that might not be the right fit is (Be careful though, make sure you still have enough hours to be a full time student): September 5, 2017
• The first day off, we know you need it: September 4, 2017- Labor...
The beauty in the month of May is not just the small changes that let you know Spring is almost over and Summer is right around the corner, but also all the different days you should add to your calendar to celebrate. There are many different occasions worth mentioning that happen within the 31 days of May, but listed below are a few of our favorites and why:
May Day- celebrated on May 1st, is a different celebration depending on where you are in the world on that day. No matter where you are though, use this day to take a moment to smell the flowers blooming around you and smile into the atmosphere.
Cinco de Mayo- celebrated on May 5th, not to be confused with the...
First held in 1970, Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22nd to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Now coordinated by the Earth Day Network, events are held annually in more than 193 countries! Below you will find some ideas to inspire your own Earth Day celebrations.
How YOU Can Make an Impact
• Plant Wildflowers – Bring nature into your life with plants that attract bees
• Turn Off Lights – Save energy and extend the life of your bulbs
• Recycle at Home – Set up a conveniently located container for recyclables in your apartment
• Run Full Cycles – Fill up your washer and dishwasher completely before running
- 1 of 14